I used Essex Linen to finish off the front patchwork section and on the back, it's a bit thicker fabric and adds a bit of stability. I bound it in black, thinking that if the pouch was floating around in my travel bag, the car and the caravan it might get grubby on the edges!
I copied Hadley's idea of using the Tesco pencil case instead of the 'hard to find' vinyl for one of the side pockets, I used the blue safety pin fabric as the visible under fabric which I love!
I made the needle book section with some fab aqua coloured felt, and another pencil case for the lower pocket. I did bind the vinyl but it turned out way too skinny and barely covered the edges, so I sewed some coordinating ribbon over it instead!
I also added some elastics, with a button in the middle, so that I could attach some cotton and my scissors.
I'm really pleased with how it turned out, it took some brain power in the middle there to pull it all together but I got there in the end! And my hexie project fits inside just great!