Monday 26 March 2012

Sampler Blocks

My machine is back! Yay! All serviced and repaired, so on Saturday I cracked on with some more sampler blocks.  I started the Skills Builder Sampler last year but when they moved on to applique and curved blocks I wasn't feeling the love, so now I'm pulling blocks from the Summer Sampler Series.
This Greek Cross block is probably my favourite so far, it's so pretty in the flesh.
 Mosaic Block
 Pinwheel Parade.
 Bow Ties
 Star of Virginia. This block is really growing me, I'm not usually a fan of green...
I'm really pleased with how these blocks are coming along, especially seeing as oranges, pinks and greens are out of my comfort zone!

I'm trawling all the linky parties looking for more block designs and tutorials, there's some amazing quilts out there right now, why not hop over and have a look?

Sew Happy Geek Manic Monday Linky Party
Sew Modern Monday at Canoe Ridge Creations
Quilt Story Fabric Tuesday

2 comments:

Claire Jain said...

Ahhh! I just made a Mosaic block with the Kate Spain Central Park fabric in the same place! How funny :-) I love your Summer Sampler Series blocks! Seeing yours definitely makes me want to keep working on them.

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Lovely - Central Park is great, it has the best greens and oranges!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...