Friday 25 February 2011

Decluttering - Mini Missions W/C 21FEB2011

Half term school holiday has been a challenge! I was poorly for the first few days but the boys were very good, bless them. It rained and rained, so we had to find lots of indoor activities. Luckily both boys are interested in art so we've been painting, drawing, aqua drawing, cutting paper snowflakes... as well as cinema afternoons with popcorn which were great for a poorly mum!

But alas all this entertaining children has meant I'm almost a week behind with my decluttering missions. It's Friday already and I've just realised I haven't checked out any of this weeks missions yet!

The first paragraph of the missions page has me a little anxious already!:-
This week we are going to do something a little different with our mini missions. I want you to pick a room in your home that has a clutter issue, and this room is going to be the focus of your mini missions this week. Make a vow to yourself that you are not going to add any extra clutter to this room.

I immediately thought of my bedroom, I tend to dump stuff in there and close the door! All I do is sleep in there and it's usually dark when I get up and go to bed... you see where this is going don't you?

On with the missions:-

Monday - Tidy off one elevated surface in your focus room putting everything away in its proper home.

Tuesday – Go back to your chosen room again and pick another elevated surface to clear off. Once again put everything away in its proper home and move any unwanted clutter to your clutter departure points.

Wednesday – Today you are going to clear off the floor in your chosen room. Pick up anything that doesn’t belong on the floor and find a home for it. Once again move any unwanted clutter to its departure point.

Thursday – Choose a drawer in this room and declutter it. If you have no drawers choose a small area that is out of sight. A box under a bed, a shelf or a small cabinet.

Friday – Repeat the same task as Thursday.

Saturday – Declutter an area of your own choosing in the room today. By now the room should be in pretty good shape.

Sunday – Put your donation items into your car and plan on delivering them to their new home/s ASAP. If this room still needs some decluttering, vow to finish it in the near future and make a promise to yourself not to clutter this room again.

Uh oh! It's going to be tricky to catch up with this one, I know what's up there!
I found this great tutorial on Crazy Mom Quilts for storage cubes;


Perhaps If I make some of these it will help!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...