Sunday 21 July 2013

Sunday Stash - Birthday Edition!

It's my birthday today! Yay! :-)
38 years old :-( everyone is ribbing me about getting closer to 40!!!

I had money and vouchers to spend so off I went shopping and sod's law there wasn't anything I liked so I only came home with a £2 pair of flip flops and this fab tea towel (100% cotton of course!)


But of course The Eternal Maker isn't open on Sunday's otherwise I would have spent the lot!



My birthday loot includes;
Not 1 but 2 irons! Finally an iron with an auto shut off - I have left my iron on soooo many times! And a gorgeous antique iron and stand.  A years subscription to British Patchwork & Quilting Magazine, a set of gorgeous owl notebooks, a bamboo pointer & creaser, a Seams Right acrylic template and some handy floss bobbins & ring and other assorted goodies as pictured!

What a lucky girl I am! And I still have money burning a hole in my pocket too!

My stash this week comes in the form of some donated vintage duvet covers, my favourite is the alphabet one but come on people, who doesn't love Care Bears!



And some fabulous flannel sheets, vintage pillow cases and over a metre of Laura Ashley fabric, all from the Car Boot Sale for about £3!!




I seriously don't have room for this lot!  I might donate the animal hospital duvet cover to the charity shop and sell the Care Bear cover, they're coming back again you know - my next door neighbour who is 5 years old told me so!

Linking up with Sunday Stash being hosted by Kristy @ Quiet Play this week.  If you are a UK quilt blogger and would like to take part in The UK Fabric Stashers Blog Hop in September please take a look here and get in touch with me!



I've just realised that I forgot to do the weekly update on the Something Old Something New Challenge! I'll post that tomorrow - sorry!  You have until Midnight Friday 26 July GMT London to enter your project and be eligible to win the Vintage Sheet prize donated by Vintage Sheet Variety Shop.


 

9 comments:

Paula said...

Hppay birthday. Hope you had a great one

Anonymous said...

Wishes for a very Happy Birthday to you! My littles are too old for Care Bears, but yes I think they are becoming popular again.



mindingmomma.wordpress.com

Catherine said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like you did very well:-)

heart of charnwood said...

Happy Birthday! And i'm doubly pleased as I'm not 38 until next March, woohoo, but seriously, that 40 does seem to be getting a little too close for comfort! Enjoy your trip to the Eternal Maker next time it's open and you're free :o)

Kristy @ Quiet Play said...

Happy birthday!! Yay for fabric goodness to celebrate!

DeborahGun said...

Happy Happy Birthday - we are now the same age (for a few months at least!). Love all your goodies - that tea towel was a great find :-)

Karen @dixielandcrafts said...

Happy Birthday Karen and welcome to the 38 club. I have loved being 38 so far but am dreading 39 in Dec. Way too close to 40!!! I love your bday treats especially the blue tea towel. I hope you had a wonderful day. God Bless, Karen ;)

Gina said...

Happy Birthday!! I love the tea pot tea towel with all the text!

jan said...

I can't believe we share the same Birth Day, I am quite a few years older however! Happy Birthday to you xo jan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...