Wednesday 23 January 2013

Exhausted!!!

Well we wished for a snow day and we've had nearly a week! Three days were spent sledging and snowballing then it was back to school (where I also work), then I helped evacuate nearly 200 children to the local community centre after a suspected gas leak - which now turns out to be the stupid French gas cloud! But there was some sewing time in there somewhere as I managed to:-

Put together a crib sized quilt top, for which I'm now awaiting backing decisions.


I made a couple more sampler blocks for my own quilt. This brings the total to 11 blocks and I only need 14 so the end could be in sight!

 
There were so many of these Granny Square blocks around last year and whilst looking at peoples 2012 roundups I saw them all again and realised I hadn't made one - and I know they are probably so last year but hey, now I can say I did one! And it was so quick and easy and looks so cute too.
 

I also put together another block for the Super Mario quilt, it's supposed to be a black bomb...

but it looks weird to me. It is not pressed or sashed yet so maybe it will look okay in the grand scheme of things, I'll have to wait and see...

And it's Wednesday so I'm linking up with Freshly Pieced as well :-)

P.S. I apologise for the poor picture quality, my iphone seems to be taking very dark photos...

7 comments:

Emily said...

I like your bright granny square. I'm still working on mine that I started last year, just began quilting it and feel like I'm so late to finish with everyone else done long ago. But I know I'll like it when it's done so it's worth being late to the party :)

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love your granny square! It's so bright and colorful :)

Mareenchen said...

Black bomb's looking good. I'd guess the seam allowance is "distorting" the vision at the moment. Looking forward to see more of the quilt. Lovely grannies, too. Who cares about "seasons" anyway? :)

Anonymous said...

Totally love you citrus looking granny square, your sampler square is lovely too but then I notice they are both using Kate Spains Central Park fabric range which I LOVE, but then I love anything Kate Spain :)

CapitolaQuilter said...

I've been seeing a lot of Kate Spain lately - maybe we all want Spring to get here. Glad it wasn't really a gas leak.

Canadian Abroad said...

Love your fabric choices, especially for the granny block!

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Great granny!
We had the pong too xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...