Wednesday 13 March 2013

Sashing In Progress Wednesday

I'm making it my March Mission to finish my Central Park Sampler Quilt. I looked back through my old blog posts to see when I started this and it was way back in June 2011 when I joined up for Leila's Skill Builder Sampler QAL, so it way beyond the time it should be finished!

 
Today I've been squaring up blocks and sashing, and have 9 blocks joined together so far. The boys have after-school clubs tomorrow and Friday afternoons, so that's extra sewing time I'm allocating myself!

Super Mario Quilt:
I have taken delivery of the green solids I needed and have drawn out 3 green-ish coloured blocks but just can't face all the 1.5" pieces right now so it'll be on hold until I finish the sampler quilt I think.
So far I've made 7 of the required 14 blocks.


Stats:
No progress this week year on the;
Solids HST Diamond Quilt - needs re-basting as I've changed my mind about the backing fabric!
Black and White King Size Bed Quilt - completed quilt top, partial quilt back
Dresden Plate - partial quilt top
Kaleidoscope - one block made, lots of cut pieces in a drawer!
Kids T-shirt Memory Quilt - some t shirts cut....

Finishes this week: 0
New Projects this week: 0
In Progress: 7

I'm linking up with Lee over at Freshly Pieced for todays post and Quiltsy.
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced



2 comments:

JHNickodemus said...

Liking the sampler! There's something so splendid and whimsical about a sampler! Cant wait to watch your Super Mario quilt take shape!

Gina said...

Go, Karen, go!! Your Sampler looks awesome; I love samplers. I don't blame you for avoiding the 1.5 pieces...i don't think i would have enough patience to work with that small of pieces!! I will look forward to seeing your Sampler finished!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...