Sunday 12 May 2013

Bruge 2013

I have returned from a lovely weekend away in Bruge with Him Indoors for our 10th wedding anniversary.

Don't you just love how understated the border crossing is!

There was lots of sampling the beers, stopping for chips or waffles covered in chocolate sauce along the way - purely to soak up the beer! Great waffle van though!


There were lots of amazing lace shops, I purchased some cute lace butterflies to hang in my dining room window - picture to follow as I haven't unpacked my bag yet.


This map of Bruge is made of a sail type canvas but is made to look like lace, it was quite intricate but very tricky to photograph!


And on the return drive through France we stopped at The Calais Wine Superstore where they had a 'try before you buy' corner - genius! Here's Him Indoors pouring me some wine to try - he was driving! 

I hope you all had a great weekend too, after my 3 country tour today I'm off to bed!


2 comments:

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Perfect Anniversary, night night x

Canadian Abroad said...

Great way to celebrate. Glad you had such a lovely time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...