Saturday 26 March 2011

Show n Tell Saturday

I've pretty much missed a whole week of posting (and quilting!) whilst nursing No 1 son through his latest bug, but as my parcels started arriving from my naughty spending earlier in the week I decided to have a Saturday Sew-In and hopefully Sunday too!

I cut all my fabric for Lily's QAL and managed to sew it all together in a circle really quickly! Yay me! This is it laid out on a piece of white fabric.


Then I started auditioning the fabrics for the centre circle...

1. A, 2. B, 3. C, 4. D, 5. E, 6. My Kate Spain fabric choices.

I don't know about you but I prefer the white. If I turn this dresden into a baby quilt later I can applique a name or letter in the centre on the white...

Please feel free to comment (vote for) A, B, C, D, E OR WHITE if you'd like to! I'd love to know what you think.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Hi Karen, I also like the white, whether or not you add a letter, the white sets off the dresden, which is very pretty. I have this pattern on my list of quilts to make for our bedroom....also want a triple irish chain, a pinwheel, and the dresden. I started blogging last year, but lasted about 6 months...takes so much time that I just didn't have...however, I've just discovered the quilting blogs, and that may spur me back to blogland...I'm hoping to learn more and get inspired to quilt more, too. Just finished two matching twin quilts and shams for my grandgirls, so right now, I'm very tired of quilting, but hopefully, with a little rest, I'll be ready to begin again. On my blog, I do have a red/white quilt that I made for a friend...it's here, if you'd like to see it..I'm making one for me as soon as I can find more red fabric that I like for the chain.
http://marysteacottage.blogspot.com/2009/10/white-and-red-wednesday-tea-quilt.html.

Looking forward to seeing your finished quilt!

Mary

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...