Friday 5 July 2013

Something Old Something New Challenge Update

In case you missed it last week, I'm hosting The Something Old Something New Challenge here on the blog during the month of July. 



I'd like you to link up a blog post, old or new, showcasing projects where you have:
  • made an item from vintage fabric
  • repurposed something in your home for the sewing room/space
  • given something a new lease of life by transforming it into something new.
You are not limited to one entry, the more thrifty posts the better!
International entries are welcome.

A huge thanks to everyone who has already linked up their projects to the Linky Party Page! 
Here are a couple of my favourites so far.

Michelle's Mens Tie Cushions
 
 
Jan's Dog Food Tote Bags

Angela's Hexie Quilt

There hasn't been alot of sewing going on here this week since I have sustained a little hand injury but I did manage a couple of pouches and after making my Scissor Holder from the unloved pot holder, I had a piece of quilted fabric leftover, and it was just the right size to become a coaster!  Don't you just love quick and instantly gratifying makes! What now for the ugly chickens coaster???



And looking around my sewing space I am being thrifty and recycling elsewhere too...
There are several empty tennis ball tubes being used as scrap jars, an old climbing hook keyring holding my rulers and empty cotton reels strung up to hold my ribbons.

 
What thrifty items are you using in your sewing space?

The linky party is open until midnight GMT London on Friday 26th July, and hopefully there will be some giveaway news to announce soon for all those that have linked up!  So get thrifty, recycle and post about it on the Linky Party Page here.


I'm linking my meagre finishes in this post to;
Link a Finish Friday
Can I get a Whoop Whoop - probably not!
Crazy Mom Quilts

3 comments:

heart of charnwood said...

Thx for the shout out Karen, i hope the hand is recovering well! :o)

Sarah Craig said...

Love the idea of using tennis ball cans to store scraps! I like to use tissue boxes (the upright kind) as mini trash cans on my workspace. We use them in our sewing space at church, which means that everyone can have their own little trash can and it cuts down on the mess. When they are full, you can either throw it all away or empty it out for another day!

Whoop whoop!

Richard Healey said...

YEA! You are the winner of the LAFF monthly giveaway you have won a Gift Certificate from Fat Quarter Shop please email us back with a email for them to send the certificate too.

Richard and Tanya Quilts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...