Thursday 8 August 2013

Amateur Hour!

I swear the summer holidays are sapping not only my strength but my ability as well!

My next door neighbour has her first wobbly tooth at the ripe old age of eight and she asked me to make her a tooth pillow out of some scraps of owl fabric.  

How hard could it be? A little square cushion...


With a long ribbon to hang it on the corner of her bed...


And a little pocket on the front for her tooth and hopefully some money...


My mistake was trying to stitch on a tiny scrap of owl Minky! Too small and too stretchy!  Only after completion did I realise that it was only just big enough for a £1 coin, if the tooth fairy has big fingers she might not get in that little pocket to get the tooth out!!!

I showed it to mum and she deemed it perfect and fit for purpose and is sure M will love it - so that'll have to be good enough for me this time around as I have no more owl fabric left!

Onto the Patchwork, Please! Embroidery Pouch...  I can't tell you how many times I have had Mr Seam Ripper out on this!  Check out those uneven seam allowances!


I'm telling myself that the pattern calls for wonky stars!


The chances of this being finished by Sunday night when we go on holiday are so slim considering the washing and packing I have to do...

I hope everyone else has had some slightly more productive sewing time than me!

Linking up to Needle & Thread Thursday, Thursday Threads, Really Random Thursday, Link a Finish Friday, Can I Get a Whoop Whoop, Crazy Mom Quilts

14 comments:

Kim said...

Me thinks that your tooth fairy cushion is perfect!! Afterall in this tight monetary climate, I am quite certain the Tooth Fairy is counting her pennies....a 1pd coin is a 'gift' to any 'toothless' child!! And....your star block is looking mighty fine to li'l ole me!!

Jessica Hadden said...

Personally, I love wonky! No love for the seam ripper however! :)

Kathy @ Kwilty Pleasures said...

Wonky works!!!! Love the owl cushion!

Liz said...

oh I like where you're going with that pouch front. Gotta love that book :)

That's super sweet of you to make a tooth fairy pillow, the minky owl looks cute despite being a pain to sew.

Bess said...

I love the tooth fairy cushion- ingenious! The star patchwork is lovely too!

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

work those wonky stars, girl! oh, and that tooth pillow is just adorable!

Thank you so much for sharing this at Needle and Thread Thursday!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

Pieced Brain Quilt Designs said...

How cute! I wish I had a loose tooth, too! :-) And I am ALL for wonky!!!

Anonymous said...

The tooth fairy pillow is darling. Good job.

Anonymous said...

So cute.....just loving this pillow! Thanks for sharing. Marie (mlismore@optusnet.com.au)

Anonymous said...

So cute.....just loving this little pillow. Thanks for sharing Marie (mlismore@optusnet.com.au)

Julie said...

That tooth fairy cushion is fabulous! I made a little bag for my kids and wish I had something like this instead. The bag is great and all but trying to fish it out from under their pillow while keeping them and those that share their room asleep is a nightmare!

Good luck that that pouch. I like the wonky style!

DeborahGun said...

I love the tooth fairy pillow - such a great idea :-) And I am being unproductive too - has taken me a whole week to piece just the front of a pouch!

Live a Colorful Life said...

The tooth fairy pillow is really cute!

Johanna said...

We all have those off days when the seam ripper is never far from our hand!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...