Sunday 4 August 2013

Sunday Stash 4/8

It has been a very productive week from a stash building point of view!

Monday was a very happy post day with the arrival of some of my Flea Market Fancy purchases.  This bundle came on sale from Patch Fabrics.


Later in the week this lovely bundle of Sketch, Essex Linen and a Comma mini charm pack arrived from Simply Solids


I'm going to make hexies with the mini charm pack.

A trip to Ikea yielded some storage boxes, lint roller, a fab 100% cotton alphabet duvet cover and a hanging rail... Now to persuade him indoors to put it up on the freshly decorated sewing room wall!


And finally, from the car boot sale this morning, another fab Ikea duvet cover, this one is king size with 4 pillowcases all for £3!  And some lovely bright cottons from a lady who was destashing.


I have spent all my birthday money so hopefully I'll be getting a few more packages next week!

If anyone would like to take a snap or two of their fabric scrap storage to link up or if you'd like to comment on my post HERE, I'd be grateful for any advice on the subject!

Linking up with Sunday Stash @ What the Bobbin

And for Val's Sunday Organising Linky, here's a look at my fat quarter storage.  The left hand box has FQ's stored in fabric lines; Little Apples, Field Study, Backyard Baby, Pezzy Prints and some grey and yellow fabrics pulled for a quilt I've had on my mind for a while.


The right hand box is more of a stash box and has started to be arranged by colour, but it's not quite there yet!  The upright box on the lower shelf holds my Tufted Tweets, my sewing themed prints, my Kokka type prints and some more random FQ's.
 

I love these pop up storage boxes from Ikea, whatever won't fit in my sewing cupboard will probably end up in my bedroom drawers!

So there you have it, not an extensive stash but it is mine! :o)

9 comments:

AmandaK@whatthebobbin said...

Nice haul! You always seem to score great finds at garage sales(boot sales).

Adventurous Quilter said...

What a great week of stash building! I saw your link on Val's linky :)

Lorna McMahon said...

Wow! I love all your new fabric additions. And your storage cupboard is certainly appealing. Love those collapsible containers!

Anonymous said...

It looks like you had fun spending your birthday money - lots of goodies.

Your fabric collection is so neat and well organised!

heart of charnwood said...

Great birthday stash-building! :o)

DeborahGun said...

Lovely stash and new fabric finds :-)

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

Lots of new goodies to play with and admire here. The pop up storage boxes are unlike any I've seen.

junacreationsuk.blogspot.co.uk said...

Oooooh fabric, what lovely colours you've got in your stash. There should definately be a collective name for fabrics, though on thinking about it, there is.. it's a stash.. I hope yours continues to grow. :)

Jessica Hadden said...

Great Birthday bundles, especially the flea market fancy- yum! Happy, happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...