Thursday 1 August 2013

July Round Up

Time for the July round up and Fresh Sewing Day already!?!
Blimey... time flies!
 
The heat of the long awaited British Summer is reflected in the fact that my July mosaic is full of small makes and not big quilts.
 
 
I started July with my tutorial for Baby Minky Ribbon Blankies being featured as part of the 2013 Finish Along over at She Can Quilt.
 
I cut my teeth on zippers with a couple of easy peasy pouches.
 
I made a little coaster with the scraps from my old potholder, now scissor holder.
 
I managed the Teabag Pouch from the Zakka 2.0 Sewalong from Patchwork, Please!
 
And then there was my lovely mini quilt.
 
In the bottom right hand corner of the mosaic there is a little preview of the beginnings of my Embroidery Pouch, also from Patchwork, Please!  I haven't blogged about this yet.
 
I hosted my first linky party in July with the Something Old Something New Challenge and it was great fun seeing what everyone linked up and arranging the giveaway!
 
And of course I have been plugging away at the hexies!  They've been to Hayling Island camping, junior roller disco, football camp...  All the hexies are made and half the table runner is sewn together now! 
 


 
I'm loving this portable little project so much that I bought a mini charm pack of Comma to take on holiday with me.  The charms are 2.5" square, so I think I'll need a 1" hexy? Maybe 1.25"?... Has anyone made a hexy project using mini charm squares?  Can anyone point me in the direction of some printable hexy templates?
 
My birthday was in there somewhere and with birthday money burning a hole in my pocket, there has been lots of fabric stashing going on!  During August I'm planning the UK Fabric Stashers Blog Hop where we will be looking at what we are buying for our stashes and from where - highlighting some great UK fabric stores along the way.  So if you would like to flash your stash, promote your LQS, or if you are a UK based fabric shop and would like sponsor a giveaway during the hop, please get in touch!
 
 

4 comments:

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

The Patchwork Please! embroidery cover is looking awesome!

Incomptech is possibly the best for making hexies of any size...
http://incompetech.com/graphpaper/hexagonal/

CapitolaQuilter said...

the bee fabric is just perfect for the hexi project.

DeborahGun said...

So looking forward to seeing your finished hexie table runner.

Jessica Hadden said...

Beautiful projects. Those hexies get around more than I do! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...